Reports to: The church co-ordinator, or state director, or national director.
This position has responsibility for conducting Compass – finances God’s way budget coaching in, and on behalf of, the local church according to the vision and mission of Compass, which is to equip people to faithfully apply God’s financial principles so they may know Christ more intimately, be free to serve Him, and help fund the Great Commission.
Below are the recommended qualifications and responsibilities of a Compass budget coach but ultimately these should be determined by the local church leadership.
- Is a mature follower of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, walking in obedience to God’s Word, modelling servant leadership and biblical stewardship with integrity.
- Understand and agree with the Compass vision, mission, core values, and statement of faith.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Undertake the Compass budget coach training, including watching the budget coach introduction video on the Compass website.
- Liaise with the church co-ordinator and local church leadership to identify potential clients.
- Express and reflect the love of Jesus Christ to the person in need.
- Listen to and share the appropriate biblical principles that apply to a given situation.
- Encourage people to become financially faithful with their God-given resources.
- Lovingly guide people through the action steps they must take to resolve their issues and provide accountability for these steps.
- Encourage your clients to get involved with the local church for their long-term discipleship.
- Where appropriate, and when requested, refer your client to other organisations or agencies that specialise in intervention with creditors or provision of investment advice. (These are not the responsibility, nor in the scope of service, of Compass budget coaches.)
- Pray for your clients and for the vision and effectiveness of the Compass ministry within the local church.
How to Become a Coach
You must never use your affiliation with Compass – finances God’s way to promote or influence the sale of any financial investments, or financial and/or professional services. Compass does not endorse, recommend, or sell any financial investments. Compass does not give specific investment advice.