Member of the State Affiliate Board
Status: Part-time volunteer.
Reports to: The national director and/or the national board. Works in co-operation with the state director.
This position has responsibility to support and assist the work of the state director and to guide and monitor the management of Compass – finances God’s way Ltd (Australia) at a state level allowing it to undertake its vision and mission, which is to equip people to faithfully apply God’s financial principles so they may know Christ more intimately, be free to serve Him, and help fund the Great Commission.
While a member of a Compass State Affiliate Board is
expected to be a mature Christian and to act with integrity in their role, they
DO NOT have the fiduciary responsibilities of a member of the national board,
who is also a company director of Compass – finances God’s way Ltd.
- Is a mature follower of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, walking in obedience to God’s Word, modelling servant leadership and biblical stewardship with integrity.
- Understand and agree with the Compass vision, mission, core values, and statement of faith.
- Have participated in a Compass small group course.
As the size and scope of a Compass state ministry grows, it may be necessary, in consultation with the state and/or national director, for the state affiliate board to appoint a member to each of the following roles.
Responsibilities of a Board Chair
- Oversees quarterly board meetings (in person, or email, or phone, or video call).
- Works in partnership with the state director to advance the state ministry of Compass.
- Calls special meetings if necessary.
- Assists the state director in preparing the agenda for board meetings.
- Assists the state director in conducting new board member orientation.
- Oversees searches for a new state director.
- In consultation with the national director and nation board, co-ordinates the state director’s annual performance evaluation.
- Acts as an alternate spokesperson for the organisation at a state level.
- Periodically consults with board members on their roles and helps them assess their performance.
Responsibilities of a Board Secretary
- As required, take minutes of state affiliate board meetings.
- Assume responsibilities of the chair in the absence of the board chair or chair elect.
- Provide notice of meetings of the board and/or of a committee when such notice is required.
Responsibilities of a Board Treasurer
- Understand financial accounting for non-profit organisations.
- Manage the state board’s review of and action related to the board’s financial responsibilities.
- Work with the state director to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis.
- In consultation with the state director, present the state budget to the board for approval.
Responsibilities of all Board Members
- Attend all board meetings (in person, or e-mail, or phone, or video call).
- Maintain knowledge of the organisation and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
- Regularly pray for the national ministry of Compass.
- Actively contribute to advance the ministry of Compass.
You must never use your affiliation with Compass – finances God’s way to promote or influence the sale of any financial investments, or financial and/or professional services. Compass does not endorse, recommend, or sell any financial investments. Compass does not give specific investment advice.