Status: Full-time or part-time volunteer in a self-funded position.
Reports to: The national board.
This position has full responsibility to establish and lead all aspects of the ministry of Compass – finances God’s way Ltd (Australia) at a national level while executing the vision and mission of Compass, which is to equip people to faithfully apply God’s financial principles so they may know Christ more intimately, be free to serve Him, and help fund the Great Commission.
- Is a mature follower of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, walking in obedience to God’s Word, modelling servant leadership and biblical stewardship with integrity.
- Understand and agree with the Compass vision, mission, core values, and statement of faith.
- Ability to lead in alignment with the Compass vision, mission, and core values.
- Ability to effectively communicate the Compass vision, mission, and core values.
- Minimum three years ministry and/or work experience required.
- Willing to receive ongoing training and development.
- A motivated self-starter who can work without close supervision.
Maintain accurate records and files.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and work with diverse teams.
- Nurtures an open and supportive relationship with staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a Christ-like manner.
- Have facilitated a Compass small group course.
- In consultation with the national board, implement and oversee the national ministry of Compass.
- Set vision and direction for the national ministry of Compass.
- Engage with the Compass Asia Pacific regional director and other regional national directors to help establish best practices.
- In consultation with the state affiliate board of directors (if there is one), identify and appoint state directors.
- In consultation with the state director (if there is one), identify and appoint state affiliate board of directors.
- Identify and appoint ambassadors.
- Contribute to the spiritual growth and personal development of national staff and volunteers.
- Provide for the training and professional development of national staff and volunteers.
- Provide regular feedback and evaluation of national staff including annual performance reviews.
- Oversee the administrative services to enable national staff and volunteers to serve effectively.
- Ensure adherence to Compass policies, procedures, reporting requirements, and financial guidelines.
Finances and Fund Development
- Oversee the national budget, ensuring adequate income and wise spending to operate with a surplus.
- Establish and nurture relationships with donors who have a desire to help fund the national organisation.
- Fundraise to support and sustain the national ministry of Compass.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key community leaders, pastors, business leaders, and the media to raise awareness of the national ministry of Compass.
- Represent Compass within the Christian community.
Costs and Reimbursement
- It is acknowledged that the effective fulfilment of this role will require some funding from the national organisation.
- An appropriate cost and reimbursement regime will be worked through with the national board.
You must never use your affiliation with Compass – finances God’s way to promote or influence the sale of any financial investments, or financial and/or professional services. Compass does not endorse, recommend, or sell any financial investments. Compass does not give specific investment advice.